Downline Summit for Women

Downline Summit for Women
February 19-20, 2010

Friday, September 25, 2009

Meditate on His Word

I constantly find myself singing christian songs or reciting verses throughout the day. It was amazing to know that I was meditating on the word of God. Beth Moore's book Believing God has a chapter on "Believing God to put His words on your tongue". She discusses what meditation is, she states, "In the Old Testament the practice of meditation did not involve the thought life alone. It involved the mouth. In fact, some of the English meanings of the Hebrew word for meditation are to murmor, mutter, speak, whisper." I am always cautious of my mouth, as you know our tongue can always get us into trouble. I have to remember Psalm 19:14 that states, "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight O Lord, my rock and my redeemer." I pray that for you and for myself, that my murmoring and whispering will be acceptable to the Lord today. As you go throughout your day speak the words of God whether it is reciting verses or encouraging yourself with the word. Joshua 1:8 says, "This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it." Meditate Today

1 comment:

  1. Ariyana-
    Thank you for posting this great message! I feel inspired and, thank you SO MUCH!!!!!! His WORD never ever fails!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete